The standard license plate in Delaware has a blue background with white letters and numbers, and the state's motto 'Liberty and Independence' written in white. The license plate also features a graphic of the state's flag on the left side of the plate.
In addition to the standard license plate, Delaware also offers a variety of special interest license plates for an additional fee. These special plates include:
- Personalized license plates, also known as vanity plates, which allow the owner to choose the letter and number combination that appears on the plate
- Specialty license plates for certain types of vehicles, such as motorcycles and trailers
- Specialty license plates for organizations such as universities, colleges, and fraternal organizations
- Specialty license plates for military veterans and their families
- Specialty license plates for environmental causes and wildlife conservation
It's worth noting that Delaware also issues a distinctive license plate for the disabled and the handicapped individuals, to be displayed on the vehicles that are used by them.
In summary, Delaware license plates are issued by the state government, have a standard format, with a variety of special interest license plates available for an additional fee, and must be renewed annually. The standard license plate features a graphic of the state's flag on the left side of the plate.